Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kiwi fruit allergy?

Could anyone give their opinion? As a child i never had a problem eating kiwi fruit and i enjoyed it. i am now 23 and had not had it in a long time and when i had it again about 10 months ago i was fine and enjoyed it. since then however i have had it twice more. the first time i not iced my glands and throat feeling all tingly and like my mouth was really itchy and dehydrated. i felt suddenly clogged up like i had a cold. i found this quite strange but forogot about it. but time after that i had it it happened again, so i began to worry and luckily the feelings went away but was right after the kiwi fruit again. i just find it strange i had it earlier this year and was fine. just wondered whether anyone was allergic to kiwi fruit or knew anyone that was and what the symptoms were. it's just i really like it, but now not sure if i should be avoiding it.

Kiwi fruit allergy?
Yeah, allergies like that come on after years. Anytime I get the itchy throat thing from a food, my doctor says to avoid it because it could get worse with each ingestion.





I've often wondered if taking Benedryl before I eat an allergen would help.
Reply:I feel your pain. I have had to give up strawberries in high school, then kiwis in college, then grapefruit, and now oranges (7 years out of college) because of newly developed allergies. Oh yeah - and alcohol.





It sounds like you might have an allergy. I would try to avoid it, unless you can go home and take a benadryl immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment