Monday, November 16, 2009

How should I store Fresh Fruit?

I am intending to leave fresh fruit outside the refrigerator, on the open cabinet. I am using "a modified version" of a fruit basket to store these fruits.


I am using the dome-shaped glass form from a broken light fixture. - This dome is smoothe glass with a single small hole (1 inch diameter) at the center where it was fastened to this fixture.


I am seeking any "modifed versions of bottom "nesting" to set my fruit into this fixture so that it will give the fruit enough air to stay fresh. Could I rely on a few large gravel rocks in the bottom of this glass fixture to provide enough air for this purpose or should I build something else to fit the bottom if it is necessary?


(I am hoping to store fresh fruit as long as I potentially can; keeping it fresh.)


Thanks.

How should I store Fresh Fruit?
How about a wooden trivet, that has holes, like a tic tac toe board? Try Garden Ridge or a pottery outlet/kitchen store
Reply:fruit doesn't stay fresh for long, only buy what you think your going to eat within a few days.


if you put unripened fruit in a sunny window it helps ripen it off. so put it somewhere dark it has the opposite effect.


also buy fruit that isn't quite so ripe like green bananas.

augmon

No comments:

Post a Comment